IPAF Operator Course – Single Category
The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) promotes the safe and effective use of powered access worldwide. IPAF has played a key role in promoting many of the design, safety and testing procedures now established in the powered access industry.
On successfully completing IPAF-accredited training, delegates are awarded the PAL Card (Powered Access Licence), the most widely held and recognised proof of training for platform operators. The PAL photo ID card is valid for five years and shows the machine categories in which the operator has been trained. IPAF regularly audits all the IPAF training we provide.
The course gives delegates practical skills and knowledge of the legislative framework relating to safely using one of three different types of MEWPs (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms) – the trailer or vehicle-mounted Static Boom, the Scissor lift and the Cherry Picker. Delegates select the category when they book their course.
The course is aimed at people who use, supervise or manage the use of powered access equipment.
- Industry background and best practice
- Legislation and regulations
- Understanding types of equipment and how to use it
- Safe operating, pre-use inspection and handovers
- Identifying and avoiding hazards
- Classroom theory and practical instruction
- Theory and practical assessments
- One or two days, depending on your experience. Our training consultants will advise you when you book.
- Theory in the training room and practical training in your selected category or categories
- Maximum of 4 delegates on each course
- Cost of course: £190plus VAT (£228 total) per delegate
- For in-house training at competitive rates call Atrium Access on 01708 556 072
- No formal qualifications or experience are necessary, but you will find it useful to have a working knowledge of MEWPs
- Powered Access Licence (PAL) issued on successful completion of course
Book your Course
Atrium offers a range of IPAF-accredited courses. To talk through what training is best for you or to discuss an in-house course, talk to one of our training consultants:
Telephone: 01708 556 072